In addition to treatment-oriented evaluations, we have expertise in the rehabilitation of children, adolescents, and adults who have been traumatized or injured as a result of police brutality. The range of police problems incurred by our clients include:
- Excessive use of deadly force
- Excessive use of physical force
- Discriminatory patterns of arrest
- Patterns of harassment of the homeless, youth, racial minorities
- Aggressive and discriminatory use of the “stop and frisk” and overly harsh enforcement of petty offenses.
Our assessments identify impairments resulting from victims of police abuse and propose specific treatment and rehabilitation strategies. We often carry out an assessment with a multidisciplinary team when impairments require physical and functional evaluation in addition to psychological evaluation. Attorneys make these referrals.